Monday, January 27, 2014

Bye Bye Baby Mullet

Over the past few weeks, the baby mullet has officially returned.. I knew that it was back in full force when I was able to put it in a "back pony" at HG's request, leaving her looking like a true quintessential redneck as the front would look the exact same and then from the back there was a small tail coming straight out. Suffice to say, not a good look.  The last time I trimmed the back, I committed to it being my last solo foray into cutting anything on her- she is entirely too squirmy and I am completely crappy with anything related to straight lines or scissors. I mentioned to her that I got my hair cut this week, and that seemed to generate some discussion on her part ala "I get my hair cut too" and so, I sort of decided that this was the weekend to tackle the first real haircut. Now knowing my little HG and how she gets pretty freaked in new situations, I basically spent several days talking up how fun it was going to be, what was going to happen, etc and then proceeded to load up the bag with the ipad, stickers and her new care bear in hopes of distractions. Fortunately, Hunt was able to come with us which definitely helped keep us on track.  She was good until they sprayed the water on the back of her hair to wet it down, and then there were some serious tears. Pulling out the ipad and polar bear videos (one of her recent obsessions is the polar bear videos posted by the Toronto Zoo on utube) saved the experience, and we left with an adorable new bob and an excited toddler pronouncing "I got my hair cut!!".  Now onto surviving the dentist appointment later this week!