Monday, November 25, 2013

Sometimes Simpler Really is Better

The arrival of fall has become synonymous somehow with the need to get beautiful family pictures in preparation for the looming holiday cards.. We have loved the professional photos that we have done since HG was born, and I am so thankful to have some of the really beautiful shots of our family as she has changed over the last two years.  The process, at least for me, of getting ready for those photos however seems to turn into way more work than it really should.  Picking and coordinating outfits, getting everyone ready, the pressure of getting good shots in a time limited fashion with a child who has actually been sick the last two times that we have done it, etc etc etc.  So, this fall with everything else that we had going on, I just couldn't bring myself to face another big process, but I still wanted to have something cute and I definitely wanted to capture HG as she continues to change.  Enter the impromptu photo shoot with the Ross's in downtown Zionsville.  As it turns out, give Hunt a professional grade camera, some decent lighting and scenery, and very cute subjects- and over two hundred pictures later we have some absolute gems.  The Ross boys are adorable and I just love the pictures of the three kids running and playing, and Harper's outfit which was really simple and easy is just too precious.  I even managed to get her in some of the gold accessories passed down to me which is really special to me.  Mostly I really treasure that even weeks after these were actually taken, every time that I look at them they still bring me absolute joy to look at.