Friday, November 8, 2013

Halloween Pre-Party

Sometimes, I feel like I am really on the ball and kind-of the do-it-all mommy that can juggle a lot while still finding time for the fun things like cupcakes, holiday decorating, etc etc.  This fall, not so much.  Between an onslaught of unexpected expenses, not enough time and a variety of other excuses there has been zero holiday decoration or general effort put towards Halloween this year.  I bought a bunch of random decorations last year after all of our neighbors were putting together these elaborate porches and lawn decor together, but in the end what I had out felt sort of random to me and not particularly well executed, which annoys me.  I have since decided that I would prefer to do more of a sophisticated fall themed decor the next time around, which means all new purchases and that just wasn't happening this year.

I was at least committed to Harper having a cute costume!  She was surprisingly ok with wearing the kitty costume last year, and I had a feeling that another animal would be a good way to go.  I found the "Lady" costume and since she likes dogs and it was cute, I figured it was worth a shot. Surprisingly once again she wasn't totally annoyed by having it on-- although after about 20 minutes she was peeling off the velcro pieces and starting to undress!


Our little kitty last year.. Hadn't started the blog yet, so figured it should be included here!  She was SO cute, and little!



And our big girl one year later as Lady from Lady and the Tramp.. She has no earthly idea who that is, but I thought she would enjoy being a puppy..



I made these little guys for the neighborhood Halloween party.. Super easy and turned out very cute





Loaded up to head over to the party.. Can't believe that little Lady actually sat there still and kept an eye on the cups for me

Harry needed some kisses

Making witches brew.. So excited that Melissa wanted to pull this party together 



Wish I could take credit for this little gem.. how cute!