Monday, February 17, 2014

Tres Girly

While I usually save the blog for family events, outings, etc and with a few cupcake posts here and there, today I feel like sharing my recent foray into updating and beautifying my closet space.  Obviously I would looove to have a professional closet space, but in lieu of such luxuries I am very excited to have at least upgraded from the white tupperware type bins that I was have been using for storage for some time now.  I used some pictures from various bloggers for inspiration and my end result came together really cute, girly and not too expensive.  The open shelves have bright teal fabric bins and do a nice job of hiding my undies, socks, etc that invariably just get thrown into a pile anyway.  I had been using this hook type hanger for my necklaces for some time (in fact the wall not shown still has all of the original black ones with probably 40 other necklaces hanging), but my original hooks were getting super crowded and unorganized and actually kind of irritating for me to look at it and it just became time to freshen things up a bit.  Certainly with this beyond crappy winter weather, it has been fun to have a project to get excited about, and as I have been accumulating a lot of bright accessories over the past year or so, I love having them displayed like little art pieces.  It is so great to have sites like Etsy and Pinterest to pull a vision together and incorporate a bunch of individual items into a montage.. I can absolutely see why designers have such fun doing it!




These are simple acrylic trays from Target that I added monogram decals to from Etsy.. It was such an easy way to make them look like custom pieces.  Unfortunately, they are the perfect height for Harper to reach in and play with soo I am going to have to keep an eye out for the little one helping herself.

These are some of my favorite brightly colored and large statement pieces.. I need it to be spring again so that I can wear them!

Obsessed with this fuchsia piece





Carson said this should be called my "Etsy tray".. With the exception of a few pieces, this is a very accurate statement!