Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The End of Skinny Pants

The time has finally come for Harper to refuse to wear a certain item of clothing. This age old process of mothers trying to convince their daughters to wear (or not) a particular thing is totally unappealing to me, and I actually really hope that Harper is not your typical "fussy" girl.  I do love to see her in cute outfits that look put together and fun, and I put some effort in to finding good deals on things that she can wear to school while saving a few select pieces for the weekends that I can enjoy.  This fall I bought several pairs of really cute skinny pants and jeans, fully knowing that Harper is not teeny tiny and obviously has the diaper to take into account, but thought they would be good alternatives to leggings and frankly they are just the most prevalent style everywhere.  Well, come to find out, Harper feels the same way about being shoved into tight pants that I do.. and very clearly expressed her opinion this week when she declared to Hunt and I that she was over the skinny pant.  If you ask her if she wants to wear them, she responds very promptly with a "Nooo, I don't want them" or sometimes just an emphatic "No skinny pant".  She is really into taking off her own pants right now, so I am sure that the confines of stick straight jeans is like torture.  Hunt had already complained about them when getting her dressed for school, and I had informed him that I send her to school in them because I don't like dealing with them either.  Needless to say, I got a quite look back from that comment, and did feel a bit shitty for a moment for making everyone else deal with them.  So, now that even the toddler is protesting, it would seem that they are officially out of the rotation, and it is back to wide stretchy pants for all at our house!


Some of the aforementioned skinnys