Monday, December 22, 2014

Santa and Sweets with my Sweets

So I am not entirely sure where this notion comes from, but I am like completely anti mall Santas. I have this idea in my head that the Santa visit needs to be quaint and homey and somehow not in the middle of a crazed mall full of intense holiday shoppers. Last year, HG wouldn't even tolerate the idea of being near a strange man in a beard so we skipped the whole thing, but this year I thought I might be able to talk her into the process a bit more. We hopped over to Zionsville for their Santa in the Village which was literally just Santa hanging out in a little house- no photographers, no fees and absolutely no production. He was super nice, though, and I managed to convince her to give him her letter and at least stand in his general vicinity.







Actively shivering as I try to get just a couple of pics around the village

Again completely shivering hahaha

And then we went over to what is pretty much my idea of heaven on Earth. The Cake Bake Shop is a newly opened business here that is literally everything beautiful and girly and serene all mixed into one perfectly appointed place. I am completely in love with it. HG and I had some delicious desserts and then she got to watch them baking which was mesmerizing for her. There were several older girls there with their mothers and it was really sweet to picture having a place like that here that we can go to for a special time together as she gets older.